What motivates these courageous individuals to step up and seek to expose fraud? What drives those individuals to reach outside of their employers’ walls? The concerns and considerations may vary, but we have found the underlying motivations are largely the same:
- Patient Safety. The company is jeopardizing the health and safety of an unsuspecting patient population, but the whistleblower’s concern for people sounds the alarm and thrusts her forward as a protector.
- Patriotism. Corporate schemes are fraudulently targeting government programs, but the whistleblower’s love for the country inspires them to protect America’s limited resources.
- Corporate Loyalty. The company is hijacked by a dishonest management team, but the whistleblower’s devotion to the company pushes for efforts to place it back on a virtuous track.
- Ethics. Corporate directives are pushing employees toward dishonesty, but the whistleblower’s moral compass directs him down a different path.
- Family. Senior managers conjure up business plan frauds, but the whistleblower seeks to inspire her family by living a life of value and integrity.